POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The EU and the "Telecoms Package" directives Server Time
6 Sep 2024 09:19:24 EDT (-0400)
  The EU and the "Telecoms Package" directives (Message 41 to 50 of 140)
From: Warp
Subject: Re: The EU and the "Telecoms Package" directives
Date: 21 Apr 2009 08:06:35
Message: <49edb6cb@news.povray.org>
John VanSickle <evi### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
> >   Never mind the questions about basic human rights,

> Questions such as, "Since when is Internet service a human right?"

  Great, another nitpicker.

  - "Hey, country X does not allow women to express their opinion on the
internet. This is a violation of human rights!"
  - "Since when is internet access a human right?"

  - "Hey, the government is allowing the press to censor political parties.
This is a violation of basic human rights!"
  - "Since when is access to paper and ink a human right?"

  The medium and the information are at completely different categorical
levels. You are arguing about the medium, which is inconsequential.

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message