POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The EU and the "Telecoms Package" directives : Re: The EU and the "Telecoms Package" directives Server Time
6 Sep 2024 11:19:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The EU and the "Telecoms Package" directives
From: scott
Date: 21 Apr 2009 09:44:44
Message: <49edcdcc$1@news.povray.org>
>> >  Something like bittorrent does not break against human rights
>> > regarding
>> > freedom of expression and information.
>
>> What's your problem with the directive then?
>
>  ???

Just because the directive *could* be used for "government-sanctioned
censorship", you don't think it should be allowed?  In reality it will be
used to charge people more for high-bandwidth content, a perfectly legal and
sound business model.

My point is, that this is at odds with your usual stance on such matters (eg
bittorrent, just because it can be used for illegal purposes doesn't mean it
should be made illegal).