POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Emacs Server Time
1 Oct 2024 03:14:54 EDT (-0400)
  Emacs (Message 321 to 330 of 349)
From: Nicolas Alvarez
Subject: Re: Emacs
Date: 22 Apr 2009 13:16:39
Message: <49ef50f7@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
>> I find vi to be completely intuitive.
>
>   You don't seem to understand the meaning of the word "intuitive".
>
>   Intuitive means that its basic operations can be used by someone who
> has never used the program before.
>
>   Intuitive does not mean that you find it easy to use after having years
> of experience.

Vi is more intuitive. p to paste instead of something silly like Ctrl-V.

Post a reply to this message

From: Nicolas Alvarez
Date: 22 Apr 2009 13:17:19
Message: <49ef511e@news.povray.org>
nemesis wrote:
> Darren New wrote:
>> It would seem notepad is as "intuitive" (with arrow keys, mouse clicks
>> to position the cursor, etc) as any other Windows program, while neither
>> emacs nor vi can be driven at all without learning how to run them.
>
> 20-years vi hacker comes in touch with notepad for the first time:
> iWhat the crap is this thing?
> :wq
> iCrap!  How do I kill this process??!!
> ZZ
> :q!!!

I once found myself pressing Esc a lot on POV-Win.

Post a reply to this message

From: Nicolas Alvarez
Date: 22 Apr 2009 13:18:06
Message: <49ef514d@news.povray.org>
triple_r wrote:
> Like my email messages, "Here's the file, do you think you could printf
> this out
> for me?"  I wish I could say I've only done that once.

I mistype "myself" as "mysqlf" quite often. I notice when I'm about to press
the 'f' :)

Post a reply to this message