POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Emacs Server Time
30 Sep 2024 02:13:38 EDT (-0400)
  Emacs (Message 201 to 210 of 349)
From: andrel
Subject: Re: Emacs
Date: 18 Apr 2009 12:28:50
Message: <49E9FFC3.8040808@hotmail.com>
On 18-4-2009 18:23, Stephen wrote:
> On Sat, 18 Apr 2009 18:05:51 +0200, andrel <a_l### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
>
>> I disagree. You may speak the Queen's English at home or at work, just
>> as I do speak Dutch at home. Here in this newsgroup we all speak
>> International English. No matter if your first language is another
>> variant of English or not that is for everyone of us the second or third
>> language.
>>

> Of course you disagree but make it work. :P
>
>>> Each country that has its own variation of English will
>>> naturally speak and write it. I speak and write Stephen's English and I often
>>> have a hard time communicating.
>>> Sae nae mair fechtin
>> Does that translate to: So no more fighting?
>
> Aye/Yes

Then the Nac Mac Feegle have done their job.

Post a reply to this message

From: Stephen
Date: 18 Apr 2009 12:31:25
Message: <7vvju45o4gtvmko3tk6mp8eop65qomkc4u@4ax.com>
On Sat, 18 Apr 2009 18:24:09 +0200, andrel <a_l### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:

>What is a bampot

A headcase.

>and who is this Govan you are speaking of?

I forgot you are a liberal Dutchman :)

LOL

>Oh, nevermind.

But I do mind. ;)
--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

From: Stephen
Date: 18 Apr 2009 12:33:00
Message: <h50ku4d3ccpd72n71g52votj3990r9olr5@4ax.com>
On Sat, 18 Apr 2009 18:28:51 +0200, andrel <a_l### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:

>>> Does that translate to: So no more fighting?
>>
>> Aye/Yes
>
>Then the Nac Mac Feegle have done their job.

Those wee scunners?
--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

From: Warp
Date: 18 Apr 2009 12:36:53
Message: <49ea01a5@news.povray.org>
Stephen <mcavoysAT@aoldotcom> wrote:
> >  No, I didn't call him stupid. I asked him if he would have preferred me
> >to call him stupid instead of assuming he was nitpicking on purpose.

> Even so that is still offensive it is as good as calling him stupid.

  I'm just tired of people who jump with their "don't you DARE to <blaa blaa>"
at every opportunity, like I had written the greatest of insults.

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message