POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Emacs : Re: Emacs Server Time
30 Sep 2024 04:14:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Emacs
From: Darren New
Date: 18 Apr 2009 12:51:31
Message: <49ea0513@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
> He (as well as Darren) deliberately chose to ignore what I was
> saying and instead chose to nitpick about why "that's exactly what you do
> with vi as well", completely ignoring the differences I was talking about.

I was responding to what you actually wrote, rather than what you might have
thought you intended to mean. You said you don't start up vi, edit a file,
then save and quit. That's just how vi works. It's *not* how every editor
works. (For example, it's not how visual studio's editor works.) Since you'd
already said you weren't familiar with vi, I thought perhaps you didn't know
it could work exactly the way you described.

I wasn't ignoring you. I was correcting what seemed to be a lack of
knowledge but that was actually apparently a lack of mind-reading. :-)

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)