POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Emacs Server Time
30 Sep 2024 00:09:47 EDT (-0400)
  Emacs (Message 191 to 200 of 349)
From: Mueen Nawaz
Subject: Re: Emacs
Date: 18 Apr 2009 11:40:26
Message: <49e9f46a$1@news.povray.org>
Darren New wrote:
> Mueen Nawaz wrote:
>>     As for kill and yank, do realize that Emacs is old. I'm not sure cut
>> and paste was common editor parlance in those days.
>
> Of course it was. "Cut and paste" is the term left over from before
> computers, remember? :-) It's how you composed a newspaper before
> digital ever existed.

	AARRGGHH!!!

	When I said editor parlance, I meant computer editor parlance. I _know_
"hardcore" editors used it before computers.

	I thought I had put the word computer in there. Must have been too sleepy.

	According to Wikipedia:

"Apple Computer widely popularized the computer-based cut-and-paste
paradigm through the Lisa (1981) and Macintosh (1984) operating systems
and applications"

	Somehow I'm sure the concept existed before, since emacs had it.
Perhaps they meant that Apple popularized the terminology?

--
The beatings will continue until morale improves.

                   /  \/  \ u e e n     /  \/  a w a z
                                   anl

Post a reply to this message