POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Emacs : Re: Emacs Server Time
30 Sep 2024 02:15:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Emacs
From: andrel
Date: 18 Apr 2009 12:05:51
Message: <49E9FA5F.7060002@hotmail.com>
On 18-4-2009 12:30, Stephen wrote:
> On 18 Apr 2009 06:18:09 -0400, Warp <war### [at] tagpovrayorg> wrote:
>
>>  Thus I asked him if he would have preferred that I call him stupid,
>> rather than assuming that he was just nitpicking on purpose. Fine by me
>> either way.
>
> You did not, you called him stupid. It doesn't mater if you used a question mark
> at the end of your sentence or not.
>
> Andrel is wrong, we are not speaking "International" English. Americans will
> always speak American English and the English will speak "standard" English or
> the Queen's English.

I disagree. You may speak the Queen's English at home or at work, just
as I do speak Dutch at home. Here in this newsgroup we all speak
International English. No matter if your first language is another
variant of English or not that is for everyone of us the second or third
language.

> Each country that has its own variation of English will
> naturally speak and write it. I speak and write Stephen's English and I often
> have a hard time communicating.
> Sae nae mair fechtin

Does that translate to: So no more fighting?