POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Commodore 64 laptop Server Time
6 Sep 2024 01:24:11 EDT (-0400)
  Commodore 64 laptop (Message 1 to 8 of 8)
From: Tim Cook
Subject: Commodore 64 laptop
Date: 8 Apr 2009 20:56:13
Message: <49dd47ad$1@news.povray.org>
http://benheck.com/04-05-2009/commodore-64-original-hardware-laptop

--
Tim Cook
http://empyrean.freesitespace.net

Post a reply to this message

From: Warp
Subject: Re: Commodore 64 laptop
Date: 9 Apr 2009 03:05:11
Message: <49dd9e25@news.povray.org>
Tim Cook <z99### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> http://benheck.com/04-05-2009/commodore-64-original-hardware-laptop

  A friend of mine and I once toyed with the idea of about the reverse
of that. In other words: Take a C64 and replace its circuits with laptop
hardware, creating a proper interface for it to be used with the C64
keyboard. So effectively it would be a laptop inside a C64. Then we would
install linux in the laptop and a C64 emulator, and then make linux boot
directly to the emulator.

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message

>   A friend of mine and I once toyed with the idea of about the reverse
> of that. In other words: Take a C64 and replace its circuits with laptop
> hardware, creating a proper interface for it to be used with the C64
> keyboard. So effectively it would be a laptop inside a C64. Then we would
> install linux in the laptop and a C64 emulator, and then make linux boot
> directly to the emulator.

I once toyed with the idea of *writing* that C64 emulator...

Post a reply to this message

>>   A friend of mine and I once toyed with the idea of about the reverse
>> of that. In other words: Take a C64 and replace its circuits with laptop
>> hardware, creating a proper interface for it to be used with the C64
>> keyboard. So effectively it would be a laptop inside a C64. Then we would
>> install linux in the laptop and a C64 emulator, and then make linux boot
>> directly to the emulator.
>
> I once toyed with the idea of *writing* that C64 emulator...

I once owned a Commodore SX 64. It hooked to a
standard Commodore monitor easy. You probably
could fit a modern motherboard and power supply
inside the case.
http://www.sx64.net/history/sx64_history.htm

Post a reply to this message