POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Very cool Ubuntu distro Server Time
6 Sep 2024 01:28:28 EDT (-0400)
  Very cool Ubuntu distro (Message 1 to 10 of 43)
From: Darren New
Subject: Very cool Ubuntu distro
Date: 4 Apr 2009 00:19:07
Message: <49d6dfbb$1@news.povray.org>
Even better than virtual machines, assuming it works as described.(I haven't
tried it, but I'm about to! :-)

http://lifehacker.com/5195999/portable-ubuntu-runs-ubuntu-inside-windows

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)

From: nemesis
Subject: Re: Very cool Ubuntu distro
Date: 4 Apr 2009 01:00:00
Message: <web.49d6e8f314a2c6a4d8a4ca0d0@news.povray.org>
> Even better than virtual machines, assuming it works as described.(I haven't
> tried it, but I'm about to! :-)
>
> http://lifehacker.com/5195999/portable-ubuntu-runs-ubuntu-inside-windows

2 days late. :)

This reminds me of people with humongous amounts of junk in their iPods,
constantly zapping, never stopping for a moment to appreciate any of it.  What
is the point?  Just to make the multicore hardware of today sweat we'll run
Linux from Windows from a VNC client from a java VM?

OTOH, it's tempting to get this one to work, might it be not a april fool's
prank... :)

Post a reply to this message