POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Innovative open source? Server Time
6 Sep 2024 03:16:26 EDT (-0400)
  Innovative open source? (Message 11 to 20 of 62)
From: Darren New
Subject: Re: Innovative open source?
Date: 3 Apr 2009 17:05:58
Message: <49d67a36$1@news.povray.org>
andrel wrote:
> POV and Blender?

POV, certainly, yes. I don't know enough about Maya and those others to know
if Blender is particularly innovative. I suspect not, since it was developed
initially by experienced animators. Thanks for the suggestion, tho.

> Check out the works of Don Knuth. E.g. TeX and Metafont are fully
> documented and source is available as books.

Yep. Read them 15 years ago or so. :-)  Good stuff. Thanks!

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)