POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : ISS construction photos Server Time
6 Sep 2024 07:17:37 EDT (-0400)
  ISS construction photos (Message 21 to 30 of 54)
From: Mike Raiford
Subject: Re: ISS construction photos
Date: 30 Mar 2009 14:01:31
Message: <49d108fb@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:

>> Though the blooming and chromatic aberrations betray the photo that it is.
>
>   Maybe it's just a very advanced raytracer?

Why emulate a substandard lens? :)
--
~Mike

Post a reply to this message

From: Mike Raiford
Date: 30 Mar 2009 14:04:16
Message: <49d109a0$1@news.povray.org>
Darren New wrote:
> Warp wrote:
>> Every single person
>> with an IQ larger than 50 and with the minimal amount of education knows
>> this.
>
> I read of an aborigine tribe that was found where everyone had lived in
> the middle of the dense rain forest for generations. They couldn't see
> far enough that perspective ever became noticeable. When the researchers
> took them out onto the plains, they wondered how you can make a cow only
> as big as a fly.

I think I read the same thing... I definitely appears plausible. They
have no reference than distances more than a couple dozen feet at most.

--
~Mike

Post a reply to this message

From: Mike Raiford
Date: 30 Mar 2009 14:08:37
Message: <49d10aa5$1@news.povray.org>
Jim Holsenback wrote:

> I'm out in the countryside .... very low light pollution from cities/towns.
> during the summer I can clearly see the milky way

I'm jealous. Where I am, on a very clear night, I can see only a couple
stars (Mostly planets) because of the horrid light pollution

We should have a national night of darkness, where all outdoor lighting
is extinguished and people are encouraged to stargaze.

(While hooligans go around stealing hood ornaments...) 0.001pts for
reference.

--
~Mike

Post a reply to this message