POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Hey Andrew! For fun, try this language :D Server Time
6 Sep 2024 03:13:54 EDT (-0400)
  Hey Andrew! For fun, try this language :D (Message 1 to 10 of 12)
From: Mike Raiford
Subject: Hey Andrew! For fun, try this language :D
Date: 25 Mar 2009 13:22:50
Message: <49ca686a@news.povray.org>
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/APL_(programming_language)

Ever seen those funny symbols on old (and I mean old) terminal
keyboards? so, that's what they mean...

--
~Mike

Post a reply to this message

From: nemesis
Subject: Re: Hey Andrew! For fun, try this language :D
Date: 25 Mar 2009 13:43:52
Message: <49ca6d58$1@news.povray.org>
Mike Raiford escreveu:
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/APL_(programming_language)
>
> Ever seen those funny symbols on old (and I mean old) terminal
> keyboards? so, that's what they mean...

Never saw one of these, but I heard of APL and its special keyboard
needs before.

Our blogging friend has been missing indeed.  I hope he didn't simply
dump Haskell and turned into yet another programming language drone... :P

Post a reply to this message

> Ever seen those funny symbols on old (and I mean old) terminal
> keyboards? so, that's what they mean...

I ran across a neat youtube video a while ago talking through how to
program a game of life simulator in one line of APL.  I don't know the
language but the video was certainly interesting:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?gl=GB&hl=en-GB&v=a9xAKttWgP4&fmt=18

Post a reply to this message