POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Hey Andrew! For fun, try this language :D : Re: Hey Andrew! For fun, try this language :D Server Time
6 Sep 2024 01:27:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Hey Andrew! For fun, try this language :D
From: Darren New
Date: 25 Mar 2009 15:09:12
Message: <49ca8158$1@news.povray.org>
Kevin Wampler wrote:
> I ran across a neat youtube video a while ago talking through how to
> program a game of life simulator in one line of APL.  I don't know the
> language but the video was certainly interesting:

Wow, that brings back memories.

You can imagine how easy it is to do stuff like 3D graphics with APL, which
is what I was using it for.

Actually, the language "J" (http://www.jsoftware.com/) is the next level up
from APL, letting you write "adjectives" and "adverbs", making APL into a
more meta kind of language closer to Haskell than Excel. Plus it uses ASCII,
which I think is actually a drawback except from the practical POV.

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   There's no CD like OCD, there's no