POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : That's pretty cool Server Time
6 Sep 2024 03:18:00 EDT (-0400)
  That's pretty cool (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Darren New
Subject: That's pretty cool
Date: 23 Mar 2009 21:34:25
Message: <49c838a1$1@news.povray.org>
Almost *on* topic - a minimalist GI renderer written in a bunch of different
  languages with the same algorithm. Interesting comparisons possible.

http://www.hxa.name/minilight/

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)

From: triple r
Subject: Re: That's pretty cool
Date: 23 Mar 2009 22:45:00
Message: <web.49c848a72d7fdf7a63a1b7c30@news.povray.org>
> Almost *on* topic - a minimalist GI renderer written in a bunch of different
>   languages with the same algorithm. Interesting comparisons possible.

Interesting.  Short code for the purpose of transparency and readability.  Huh.
I usually have more fun writing short code for the purpose of opacity and
obfuscation.  Probably not a shocking benchmark though.  I can't imagine it's
too heavily optimized for interpreted languages.

 - Ricky

Post a reply to this message