POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : I knew this would happen at some point Server Time
6 Sep 2024 11:16:03 EDT (-0400)
  I knew this would happen at some point (Message 95 to 104 of 134)
From: Stephen
Subject: Re: I knew this would happen at some point
Date: 29 Mar 2009 07:07:20
Message: <bskus4lr5u8qem1rqcorv89a0ilhb136pa@4ax.com>
On 29 Mar 2009 01:42:17 -0400, Jim Henderson <nos### [at] nospamcom> wrote:

>Ironically, I read what I wrote again and should clarify that I don't
>think teens sleeping together causes automobile accidents. ;-)

It can if they are driving, I would think.

>Well, I'd say that *some* people are really bad at judging low-risk
>activities.  But why penalize the rest of us for it?

Because everyone thinks that they are the exception.

>For example, I tend to talk on the phone when I'm driving to and from the
>office (which happens about once every 2 weeks these days).  It's 90
>minutes on the road round-trip and generally a pretty boring drive.
>
>So I'll talk to my mom or my wife while I'm driving home.  They know I'm
>in the car and paying attention to the traffic around me, and if I don't
>respond immediately it's because I'm dealing with something.
>
>But I also have an effective way to divide my attention during that
>drive.  When I get into town, things change, so I tend to get off the
>phone, but on the freeway it's an entirely different matter.

"tend to get off the phone" Does that mean that sometimes you don't?

>> Granted, if you don't realize that trying to type a text message while
>> you drive is dangerous, you're stupid, but...

The same could be said for talking on the phone.

After bumping my motorbike into a wall when parking 40 years ago after drinking
2 pints of beer. (The limit was considered to be 3 pints.) I've never driven
after drinking and I like a drink. I also switch my phone off when driving, If
I've left it on by mistake and it rings I ignore it then pull over to check it
when I can.

Have you ever heard anyone saying "I drive better after a couple of drinks"?

--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message