POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Another thought on Intelligent Design Server Time
6 Sep 2024 03:14:18 EDT (-0400)
  Another thought on Intelligent Design (Message 1 to 10 of 19)
From: Darren New
Subject: Another thought on Intelligent Design
Date: 12 Mar 2009 01:35:52
Message: <49b89f38$1@news.povray.org>
If God wasn't designed because he always existed, and Man was created in
God's image, doesn't that mean Man wasn't designed either? :-)

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)

From: Mike Hough
Subject: Re: Another thought on Intelligent Design
Date: 12 Mar 2009 02:11:07
Message: <49b8a77b$1@news.povray.org>
I would imagine that Man was his first attempt at creating something in his
own image, much like my attempt at sculpting a bust out of clay my first
year at community college. There is some pride that goes along with the
achievement but the result is still flawed.

> If God wasn't designed because he always existed, and Man was created in
> God's image, doesn't that mean Man wasn't designed either? :-)
>
> --
>   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
>   My fortune cookie said, "You will soon be
>   unable to read this, even at arm's length."

Post a reply to this message

> I would imagine that Man was his first attempt at creating something in his
> own image, much like my attempt at sculpting a bust out of clay my first
> year at community college. There is some pride that goes along with the
> achievement but the result is still flawed.

Aren't you forgetting something? HE is Perfect. ;-)

Post a reply to this message

> If God wasn't designed because he always existed, and Man was created in
> God's image, doesn't that mean Man wasn't designed either? :-)

  If you build a doll to resemble yourself, does that mean the doll has
all the same characteristics as you?

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message

>> If God wasn't designed because he always existed, and Man was created in
>> God's image, doesn't that mean Man wasn't designed either? :-)
>
>   If you build a doll to resemble yourself, does that mean the doll has
> all the same characteristics as you?

I'm not sure I'm following what your analogy is trying to imply. It would
seem that you're implying that the creative design part is the extent to
which humans are *not* godlike and therefore flawed.

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)