POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Warning: Microsoft silently installing firefox extension Server Time
6 Sep 2024 07:16:58 EDT (-0400)
  Warning: Microsoft silently installing firefox extension (Message 54 to 63 of 63)
From: St
Subject: Re: Warning: Microsoft silently installing firefox extension
Date: 12 Mar 2009 12:56:19
Message: <49b93eb3$1@news.povray.org>
news:49b93de5@news.povray.org...
> St. <dot### [at] dotcom> wrote:
>> Dunno what you're all on about, I just did the recent update in FF and no
>> secret MS extension has been installed.
>
>  It's not a question of updating Firefox.

     Ah, I see, so why didn't I get it anyway? I've been watching for it as
I'm using FF a lot now.

       ~Steve~

Post a reply to this message

From: Warp
Date: 12 Mar 2009 12:58:09
Message: <49b93f21@news.povray.org>
St. <dot### [at] dotcom> wrote:
>      Ah, I see, so why didn't I get it anyway? I've been watching for it as
> I'm using FF a lot now.

  Which version of the .NET framework do you have installed, if any? Maybe
Windows just hasn't updated your .NET framework?

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message

>>      Ah, I see, so why didn't I get it anyway? I've been watching for it
>> as
>> I'm using FF a lot now.
>
>  Which version of the .NET framework do you have installed, if any? Maybe
> Windows just hasn't updated your .NET framework?

      .NET framework 2.0 Service Pack 1 version: 2.1.21022

        ~Steve~

Post a reply to this message

>       .NET framework 2.0 Service Pack 1 version: 2.1.21022

The extension is installed by .NET 3.5 SP1.

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)