POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : My toy Server Time
6 Sep 2024 11:17:09 EDT (-0400)
  My toy (Message 56 to 65 of 85)
From: Saul Luizaga
Subject: Re: My toy
Date: 4 Mar 2009 12:04:33
Message: <49aeb4a1$1@news.povray.org>
Saul Luizaga wrote:
> BTW guys have you read/heard news about the 5TB/sqr. inch HP tape
> back-up? I hope it could be in production so it arrives to my country in
> about 6 months-1 year aprox., but again the price... probably is about
> 1000 $us... :(
Sorry, that was IBM...

Post a reply to this message

From: Invisible
Date: 5 Mar 2009 09:24:32
Message: <49afe0a0$1@news.povray.org>
Invisible wrote:

> Mine is configured like this:
>
> - Dual redundant PSUs.
> - 2x quad-core Xeons at 2.0 GHz. (Yes, you read correctly. That's 8
> cores in total.)
> - 4x 1 GB RAM (i.e., 4 GB RAM on two channels.)
> - 6x SAS 72 GB HDs spinning at 10,000 RPM. (Configured as two RAID-1
> arrays with one hot spare and one cold spare.)

...OK, so I just got an Insight UK catelogue land on my desk. And what
does it have splashed across the front page?

THE WORLD'S BEST SELLING SERVER

ENTERPRISE-CLASS RACK SERVER
HP PROLIANT DL380 G5
1x 2.5 GHz Intel Quad-Core Xeon E5420
2 GB memory expandable to 32 GB
Hot swap 2.5" bays

ASK FOR: HPIA0432B

other hand... well, you compare the specs. It looks like HDs are about

delivery, so they possibly charged us more for that.

Post a reply to this message