POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : My toy : Re: My toy Server Time
6 Sep 2024 13:17:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: My toy
From: Invisible
Date: 5 Mar 2009 11:21:18
Message: <49affbfe$1@news.povray.org>
...and now I'm going to waste an afternoon looking at expensive server
hardware! :-D

Check this out:

http://uk.insight.com/apps/productpresentation/index.php?product_id=HPIA04379C

That's a nice piece of hardware, but pretty expensive. And what does the
enclosure cost??

Oh, "free enclosure"? *clicks* Ah, right. If you buy 8 blades, the
enclosure is free. Um, yeah. Tad expensive! :-P

Ah, here we go:

http://uk.insight.com/apps/productpresentation/index.php?product_id=HPOA03V0H

Look at that. A thousand pounds for an empty metal box. Heh. But hey,
this one is even better:

http://uk.insight.com/apps/productpresentation/index.php?product_id=HP40332100

Gotta love the way Insight can't manage to list the enclosure on the
page about the blade, or the blade on the page about the enclosure. :-P
Yeah, great website guys.

Still, realistically... if I just want something with silly amounts of
CPU power, there are cheaper ways to do that than a server. I just like
the way servers look cool, that's all. Way cooler than the "extreme
modded" gamer PCs! :-P