POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Gah! Thank god I use RAID 1.. Server Time
6 Sep 2024 09:16:47 EDT (-0400)
  Gah! Thank god I use RAID 1.. (Message 21 to 30 of 37)
<<< Previous 10 Messages Goto Latest 10 Messages Next 7 Messages >>>
From: Eero Ahonen
Subject: Re: Gah! Thank god I use RAID 1..
Date: 4 Mar 2009 14:18:18
Message: <49aed3fa@news.povray.org>
Nicolas Alvarez wrote:
> Saul Luizaga wrote:
>> If you use Windows or another OS with Power Management make the HHDs
>> sleep after 10 mins of inactivity
>
> There is no such thing as "inactivity" on my computer.

Buy more RAM. Lots of it :).

-Aero

Post a reply to this message

From: [GDS|Entropy]
Date: 4 Mar 2009 15:58:57
Message: <49aeeb91@news.povray.org>
Yeah I have 4gb of it, but since this is win32 and not 64..... :-|
I do *have* win 64...in fact all of them, from MSDN....but I'm not prepared
to give all of my 32bit apps just yet.

I guess I'll just be buying lots of HDD...

ian

"Eero Ahonen" <aer### [at] removethiszbxtnetinvalid> wrote in message
> Nicolas Alvarez wrote:
>> Saul Luizaga wrote:
>>> If you use Windows or another OS with Power Management make the HHDs
>>> sleep after 10 mins of inactivity
>>
>> There is no such thing as "inactivity" on my computer.
>
> Buy more RAM. Lots of it :).
>
> -Aero

Post a reply to this message