POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The sort of thing Windows just doesn't work for... :-) Server Time
6 Sep 2024 01:26:05 EDT (-0400)
  The sort of thing Windows just doesn't work for... :-) (Message 1 to 8 of 8)
From: Darren New
Subject: The sort of thing Windows just doesn't work for... :-)
Date: 25 Feb 2009 15:00:07
Message: <49a5a347$1@news.povray.org>
Open source wall-wart computer
http://news.cnet.com/8301-11128_3-10170648-54.html
--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)

From: Warp
Subject: Re: The sort of thing Windows just doesn't work for... :-)
Date: 25 Feb 2009 15:14:52
Message: <49a5a6bc@news.povray.org>
> Open source wall-wart computer
> http://news.cnet.com/8301-11128_3-10170648-54.html

  Given that it runs linux, I really can't understand this: "It seems that
the only way to interact with it is via a Web browser."

  Exactly what stops it from supporting SSH, the de-facto way of using a
unix computer remotely?

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message

>   Given that it runs linux, I really can't understand this: "It seems that
> the only way to interact with it is via a Web browser."
>
>   Exactly what stops it from supporting SSH, the de-facto way of using a
> unix computer remotely?

I think it's more likely a case that "web browser" and "internet" is the
same thing to this guy, in spite of his supposed credentials. :-)  "Can't
plug in a monitor" means "only web access" to him.

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)