POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The sort of thing Windows just doesn't work for... :-) : Re: The sort of thing Windows just doesn't work for... :-) Server Time
9 Oct 2024 08:27:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The sort of thing Windows just doesn't work for... :-)
From: Darren New
Date: 25 Feb 2009 18:58:14
Message: <49a5db16@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
>   It wouldn't even make any sense if the computer was only accessible
> through a web browser.

Agreed. I'm not even sure what it would be good for if you couldn't run your
own stuff on it. :-)

I've seen devices that were dedicated. Looked real sweet. File server, web
server, torrent client/server, print server, mail repository (it would
download your mail from a variety of POP and IMAP servers and put it all in
one place via imap and web mail for you), etc etc. And it was like $600 or
something. But that had disk built in and all that, so it was more an
appliance than anything.

I think this guy just doesn't know what he's talking about. Someone probably
showed him the web front end and he didn't think any further.

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)