POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : BOOM! Head-crash Server Time
6 Sep 2024 15:18:25 EDT (-0400)
  BOOM! Head-crash (Message 51 to 53 of 53)
From: Darren New
Subject: Re: BOOM! Head-crash
Date: 1 Mar 2009 12:35:43
Message: <49aac76f$1@news.povray.org>
Stephen wrote:
> I'm quite sure that I wouldn't like that job, being bored and having to be
> attentive.

I think he had something like an hour or more to react to the problem, and
only if the automated systems didn't kick in. But yes, it sounded like a
pretty boring job. :-)

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)

From: Stephen
Date: 1 Mar 2009 12:41:40
Message: <95ilq4lom2b76m66r132o4ma43feko3mjb@4ax.com>
On Sun, 01 Mar 2009 09:35:40 -0800, Darren New <dne### [at] sanrrcom> wrote:

>Stephen wrote:
>> I'm quite sure that I wouldn't like that job, being bored and having to be
>> attentive.
>
>I think he had something like an hour or more to react to the problem, and
>only if the automated systems didn't kick in. But yes, it sounded like a
>pretty boring job. :-)

High Pressure job, then :)
--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

From: scott
Subject: Re: And it all goes wrong again
Date: 2 Mar 2009 02:57:45
Message: <49ab9179$1@news.povray.org>
>> To this end, I spent 2 hours and 20 minutes on the phone to a guy in the
>> USA while he dithered and dallied over what to do about the problem. (My
>> repeated cries of "I really need to leave now" and "I've got an
>> appointment to get to" and "can't we sort this out tomorrow?" fell on
>> deaf ears.) I wouldn't mind, but I spent most of the time just sitting
>> around listening to the guy muttering to himself and chatting to his
>> collegues about the weather.
>
> Not to mention the three hours you spent updating us about how
> unproductive
> your day was...

LOL!