POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Yeah, I'll stop now... Server Time
6 Sep 2024 07:15:36 EDT (-0400)
  Yeah, I'll stop now... (Message 1 to 9 of 9)
From: Invisible
Subject: Yeah, I'll stop now...
Date: 18 Feb 2009 04:54:20
Message: <499bdacc$1@news.povray.org>
http://qdb.us/294563

Post a reply to this message

From: Vincent Le Chevalier
Subject: Re: Yeah, I'll stop now...
Date: 18 Feb 2009 05:22:46
Message: <499be176@news.povray.org>
Invisible a écrit :
> http://qdb.us/294563

Heh. Actually fencers of the past have been known to be very fond of
geometry, especially the Spanish schools from the Renaissance onwards.

A plate from the biggest fencing manual ever written (Girard Thibault's
Académie de l'Espée):
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Girard_Thibault_-_Academie_de_l-Espee_1628_Met._museum.jpg

Some diagrams that fits the QDB description quite well :-) :
http://www.martinez-destreza.com/articles/spanish2.htm

A brief description of how the system looks like from the outside :
http://technogypsy.net/roaches/2004/lansing.htm

> The Spanish rapier school as explained by Narvaez is the kind of
> sword-fighting that could only be invented by guys who have a lot of time on
> their hands, and who think WAY too much. While remaining sober.

More history here:
http://www.plumes.org/destreza/index.html

Spanish fencers have been mocked for their strange ways sometimes, but
it can be made to work surprisingly well :-)

--
Vincent

Post a reply to this message

> Spanish fencers have been mocked for their strange ways sometimes, but
> it can be made to work surprisingly well :-)

Hahahaha!

"Fear me, if you dare. I will trisect your testicles and cube their
volume using only a compass and straightedge!"

Post a reply to this message

> "Fear me, if you dare. I will trisect your testicles and cube their volume
> using only a compass and straightedge!"

rapier wit?

Post a reply to this message