POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : That's pretty cool... Server Time
6 Sep 2024 07:16:53 EDT (-0400)
  That's pretty cool... (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: Darren New
Subject: That's pretty cool...
Date: 17 Feb 2009 02:44:44
Message: <499a6aec$1@news.povray.org>
http://www.gamasutra.com/view/feature/3928/sponsored_feature_light_it_up_.php?print=1

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   "Ouch ouch ouch!"
   "What's wrong? Noodles too hot?"
   "No, I have Chopstick Tunnel Syndrome."

Post a reply to this message

From: Invisible
Subject: Re: That's pretty cool...
Date: 17 Feb 2009 05:05:17
Message: <499a8bdd$1@news.povray.org>
Darren New wrote:

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/feature/3928/sponsored_feature_light_it_up_.php?print=1

Nice, but... after all that effort, the final result isn't particularly
impressive to look at. I mean, it doesn't jump out at you as looking
particularly realistic.

Post a reply to this message

From: Darren New
Date: 17 Feb 2009 13:28:09
Message: <499b01b9@news.povray.org>
Invisible wrote:
> Darren New wrote:

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/feature/3928/sponsored_feature_light_it_up_.php?print=1

> Nice, but... after all that effort, the final result isn't particularly
> impressive to look at. I mean, it doesn't jump out at you as looking
> particularly realistic.

I expect they're using the original maps, so they probably weren't optimized
to take advantage of the ray-tracing. I don't know if the original actually
had all those shiney globes floating around, either. :-)