POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Open source Server Time
6 Sep 2024 09:15:07 EDT (-0400)
  Open source (Message 17 to 26 of 26)
From: Jim Henderson
Subject: Re: Open source
Date: 14 Feb 2009 16:53:20
Message: <49973d50$1@news.povray.org>
On Sat, 14 Feb 2009 13:47:20 -0800, Darren New wrote:

> Jim Henderson wrote:
>> That used to be common with GCC
>
> I remember seeing the bootstrap code for compiling Hermes, which had its
> own assembly language that looked a lot like SQL for example. :-) It had
> comments in there like "Only Greg, the God of Awesome, is allowed to
> touch this, because the rest of you keep screwing it up."

LOL, love it.

The oddest system I ever saw was one that used lisp at the system level.
I can't for the life of me remember the manufacturer of the system.  It
was used for a prototype of an ATC simulator where the system applied AI
to the situation to do the control for the operator - used for training
purposes.

Jim

Post a reply to this message