POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : A second comming Server Time
6 Sep 2024 11:20:26 EDT (-0400)
  A second comming (Message 76 to 85 of 85)
From: Jim Henderson
Subject: Re: A second comming
Date: 16 Feb 2009 23:28:07
Message: <499a3cd7$1@news.povray.org>
On Mon, 16 Feb 2009 09:49:48 +0000, Stephen wrote:

> On 15 Feb 2009 12:58:35 -0500, Jim Henderson <nos### [at] nospamcom> wrote:
>
>>Ah.  Well, I've found one up there and am keeping an eye on the bidding;
>>it's another 4 days before it's done, but current bid is only $1.25.
>>Meantime, I'm going to see if our marketing department has someone who
>>has one I could take a look at. :-)
>>

> It took me a couple of days to get used to them. I define the uppermost
> barrel button as right click and the lower one as double click. A lot of
> utilities use gestures so that if you draw a "W" word will open a "<-"
> goes back in your browser, "P", prints etc.

Cool. I figure it'll be interesting to get gestures working on Linux -
but there is support for many of the Wacom devices, so that'll be
interesting.

>>> Pub, fish and chips? Better than nothing, I suppose.
>>
>>Well, yeah, thing is like I said, they have many things that I like a
>>lot better.  But their fish is battered with their own beer (it's a pub
>>and brewery), a very good Hefeweisen.  But I usually end up getting the
>>jambalaya because it's really good.  Or I could just sit and eat wings
>>all night. :-)
>>
> I've developed a taste for Hoegaarden over the past couple of years. I'd
> not heard of jambalaya before but it sounds nice and as for wings. Isn't
> that the bit you throw away or use for stack? :)

Hoegaarden?  I don't think I've heard of that, will have to google it and
find out more about what it is.  Hmmm, looks interesting.

Jambalaya is very good when made properly.

A couple of friends of mine from Edinburgh used to think the way you do
about wings; they're coming to town in March, and I know they're going to
want to go to Squatter's just for the wings.  Seriously good grub.

Had the fish & chips.  The batter was a little soggy, sadly, so it wasn't
as good as I'd hoped.

>>> Sometimes you need to live up to people's expectations and speak as if
>>> you are off the telly, to be understood. :)
>>
>>LOL, unfortunately (or fortunately, more appropriately) for us that's
>>just not gonna happen. ;-)
>>
> Keep it up :)

But of course. ;-)

Jim