POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Bitter failure Server Time
6 Sep 2024 13:21:19 EDT (-0400)
  Bitter failure (Message 20 to 29 of 39)
From: Orchid XP v8
Subject: Re: Epic fail.
Date: 5 Feb 2009 10:45:08
Message: <498b0984$1@news.povray.org>
>> ...you have GOT to be kidding me!! 8-0

http://pcinfo.thepebkac.net/2007/11/27/crysis-will-not-start--gives-error-a-required-security-module-cannot-be-activated--this-program-cannot-be-executed-5024.aspx

I found that too five minutes ago.

Unfortunately, closing Process Explorer still doesn't let me run the game.

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/

From: St
Date: 5 Feb 2009 10:50:50
Message: <498b0ada$1@news.povray.org>
>>> ...you have GOT to be kidding me!! 8-0

http://pcinfo.thepebkac.net/2007/11/27/crysis-will-not-start--gives-error-a-required-security-module-cannot-be-activated--this-program-cannot-be-executed-5024.aspx

> I found that too five minutes ago.
>
> Unfortunately, closing Process Explorer still doesn't let me run the game.

   Did you try rebooting? And have you downloaded the latest patch?

    ~Steve~

> --
> http://blog.orphi.me.uk/
> http://www.zazzle.com/MathematicalOrchid*

Post a reply to this message

From: St
Date: 5 Feb 2009 10:56:47
Message: <498b0c3f$1@news.povray.org>
"St." <dot### [at] dotcom> wrote in message news:498b0ada$1@news.povray.org...

>   Did you try rebooting? And have you downloaded the latest patch?

  Oh, and I seem to remember doing this myself, but not sure if it was
related:

 "Apparently Microsoft hotfix KB917422 causes SecurROM to go the way of the
dodo. Removed this hotfix and BAM the game works!"

  ~Steve~

Post a reply to this message