POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Virtual insanity Server Time
6 Sep 2024 09:19:52 EDT (-0400)
  Virtual insanity (Message 1 to 8 of 8)
From: Invisible
Subject: Virtual insanity
Date: 4 Feb 2009 06:18:17
Message: <49897979$1@news.povray.org>
The best thing about operating a virtual machine is...

...it makes my physical machine seem *fast*! o_O

Post a reply to this message

From: Invisible
Subject: Re: Virtual insanity
Date: 4 Feb 2009 06:33:47
Message: <49897d1b$1@news.povray.org>
Invisible wrote:
> The best thing about operating a virtual machine is...
>
> ...it makes my physical machine seem *fast*! o_O

What I find interesting is that, even though the virtual machine is
about 200x slower than a physical machine, it still manages to
communicate over the Internet, apparently without issue. I guess the
emulator must be doing some pretty significant buffering to pull this
off, mind you... o_O

Post a reply to this message

> What I find interesting is that, even though the virtual machine is
> about 200x slower than a physical machine, it still manages to
> communicate over the Internet, apparently without issue. I guess the
> emulator must be doing some pretty significant buffering to pull this
> off, mind you... o_O

I wish it would buffer my keystrokes... I had to type some stuff several
times, leaving a 2 second pause between each keypress, before it would
register *all* of the letters I typed. :-S

Post a reply to this message

>> What I find interesting is that, even though the virtual machine is
>> about 200x slower than a physical machine, it still manages to
>> communicate over the Internet, apparently without issue. I guess the
>> emulator must be doing some pretty significant buffering to pull this
>> off, mind you... o_O
>
> I wish it would buffer my keystrokes... I had to type some stuff several
> times, leaving a 2 second pause between each keypress, before it would
> register *all* of the letters I typed. :-S

What VM software are you using?

--
~Mike

Post a reply to this message

It's the only VM software I can find that doesn't require you to
"install" it before you can use it. If you have a better suggestion...

Post a reply to this message