POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Virtual insanity : Re: Virtual insanity Server Time
6 Sep 2024 07:17:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Virtual insanity
From: Invisible
Date: 4 Feb 2009 09:00:26
Message: <49899f7a$1@news.povray.org>
>>> What VM software are you using?
>>
>> QEMU.
>>
>> It's the only VM software I can find that doesn't require you to
>> "install" it before you can use it. If you have a better suggestion...
>
> Sun's Virtual Box worked rather well for me. It also has extensions
> compatible with most of the major distros (You can integrate the Linux
> windows with your desktop, share files with the host, pass through some
> USB devices, etc...

Yes, I was looking at Virtual Box just yesterday. It looks a lot more
user-friendly. (E.g., you configure a VM using a GUI rather than miles
of cryptic command switches.)

OTOH, you definitely need to "install" it before you can run it. My
objective is to create a VM that I can put on a USB stick and plug into
some arbitrary PC to quickly pull up a Linux console or something.

I might try something like Virtual Box or Xen on my home PC tho...