POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Ok, who didn't know, or at least guess this? Server Time
6 Sep 2024 23:21:45 EDT (-0400)
  Ok, who didn't know, or at least guess this? (Message 61 to 70 of 218)
From: Invisible
Subject: Re: Ok, who didn't know, or at least guess this?
Date: 28 Jan 2009 10:19:20
Message: <49807778@news.povray.org>
nemesis wrote:

> FlashBlock?!  My sister won't even touch Firefox!  Anytime I'm at my
> parent's and leave the computer for others to use -- it's a single
> Windows passwordless session (because it's "easy") -- I leave Firefox
> open with a clean new tab.  First thing she does is close Firefox and
> click on the old blue e.  It's like dog conditioning, I guess, because
> she seems to not even realize it's a web browser sitting just before her...

...did you just call somebody a dog? ;-)

Post a reply to this message

From: Mueen Nawaz
Date: 28 Jan 2009 11:10:21
Message: <4980836d$1@news.povray.org>
Nicolas Alvarez wrote:
> As someone who runs Linux on his desktop... I agree.
>
> I use KDE 3.5. Yesterday I tried GNOME. Today I tried KDE 4. My opinion
> was "I want to go write a desktop environment from scratch NOW! None of the
> current ones is any good!"

	Try KDE 4.2? Just came out and is "supposed" to be the first in the 4.x
series that was really meant for end users.

	You may be right about DE's, however, Windows doesn't even come close
when it comes to window managers. No way will I sacrifice my WM for
anything Windows provides.

--
"Scotty, beam us a board!" (2x4 drops from sky)

                   /  \/  \ u e e n     /  \/  a w a z
                                   anl

Post a reply to this message