POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Ok, who didn't know, or at least guess this? : Re: Ok, who didn't know, or at least guess this? Server Time
7 Sep 2024 01:19:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Ok, who didn't know, or at least guess this?
From: Mueen Nawaz
Date: 28 Jan 2009 11:10:21
Message: <4980836d$1@news.povray.org>
Nicolas Alvarez wrote:
> As someone who runs Linux on his desktop... I agree.
>
> I use KDE 3.5. Yesterday I tried GNOME. Today I tried KDE 4. My opinion
> was "I want to go write a desktop environment from scratch NOW! None of the
> current ones is any good!"

	Try KDE 4.2? Just came out and is "supposed" to be the first in the 4.x
series that was really meant for end users.

	You may be right about DE's, however, Windows doesn't even come close
when it comes to window managers. No way will I sacrifice my WM for
anything Windows provides.

--
"Scotty, beam us a board!" (2x4 drops from sky)

                   /  \/  \ u e e n     /  \/  a w a z
                                   anl