POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Ok, who didn't know, or at least guess this? Server Time
6 Sep 2024 17:19:03 EDT (-0400)
  Ok, who didn't know, or at least guess this? (Message 31 to 40 of 218)
From: nemesis
Subject: Re: Ok, who didn't know, or at least guess this?
Date: 27 Jan 2009 14:18:55
Message: <497f5e1f@news.povray.org>
clipka escreveu:
> And of course, the one you will pick first (and team up against with your clan)
> is the biggest and most powerful of them all.

speak for yourself, dude... ;)

Post a reply to this message

From: clipka
Date: 27 Jan 2009 14:25:00
Message: <web.497f5e96268e1880971e62b30@news.povray.org>
Patrick Elliott <sel### [at] npgcablecom> wrote:
> MS is becoming what Big Blue was in the mainframe era. Someone so
> focused on their "existing" product, that they suddenly find that the
> rug is being pulled out from under their feet, and worse, someone moved
> anything they could grab hold of to keep from falling down. Mind, I
> don't think its going to be "quite" as bad for them, since its not
> changing an entire architecture, but they still have a huge problem.

Well, I think the article shows that MS has a chance to avoid the same fate as
Big Blue: They seem to be quite a pro-active bunch, given how much they worried
about Linux 6 years ago already.

Maybe their pro-activity is not the type everyone is hoping for, but that's a
different story.

Post a reply to this message