POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Ok, who didn't know, or at least guess this? : Re: Ok, who didn't know, or at least guess this? Server Time
6 Sep 2024 19:21:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Ok, who didn't know, or at least guess this?
From: Darren New
Date: 27 Jan 2009 15:01:37
Message: <497f6821$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
>   But they are getting money which would be better spent in improving
> the products.

Your products won't sell if you eliminate the entire marketing department,
regardless how good they are.

>   Why do you think MS is so hated and eg. Apple isn't?

Because 10x the number of people use MS products as Apple products? Because
MS *doesn't* control the whole Windows experience and people blame MS for
the crap software put out by others?

I even hear from people bitching that Microsoft bought their company and
they wanted to stay in control of it.  Welcome to capitalism - don't sell if
you don't want it.

> Because Apple doesn't
> use so many glaringly dubious attack tactics and get the hatred of every
> living being on Earth.

... yet.

Or haven't you heard the complaints about iTunes DRM locking it to the iPod,
the Apple Store being the only source of iPhone software and regulated
capriciously by Apple, or even the bitching about how hard it was to open up
the original Mac computers without special tools?

And speaking of FUD, have you watched any of the "Hi, I'm a PC" commercials
lately? :-)  They're getting embarrassing.

>   If Microsoft (and especially Steve Ballmer) stopped trolling around and
> concentrated only on what they are good at, they could get a better
> reputation.

I don't think so. But we'll have to agree to disagree.

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   "Ouch ouch ouch!"