POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Crysis? Server Time
6 Sep 2024 19:20:21 EDT (-0400)
  Crysis? (Message 41 to 47 of 47)
From: scott
Subject: Re: Game technology
Date: 27 Jan 2009 04:50:47
Message: <497ed8f7$1@news.povray.org>
> Hmm... I could build a simple PacMan game engine that accepts "user input"
> via TCP. And then I can either control it by hand, or write various
> computer programs to drive it... Interesting. ;-)

Sounds like a good start :-)  YOu can write one program to control the
enemies and one to control the player.  You could even then invent another
system for the enemies to communicate directly with each other over TCP to
make sure they are covering the map efficiently to catch the player.  Haha,
imagine playing PacMan where the AI actually are AI and block you in
straight away then close in on you, it would be impossible to play!

Post a reply to this message