POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Crysis? : Re: Game technology Server Time
6 Sep 2024 15:18:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Game technology
From: Invisible
Date: 29 Jan 2009 05:09:26
Message: <49818056$1@news.povray.org>
>> Well, suppose I program a whole bunch of bots, each with an individual
>> neural network to control it, and them them "survive" by... not getting
>> shot by its competetors? :-D
>>
>> [Yes, I know, it's completely infeasible in reality. But it's a neat
>> idea...]
>
> Not only is it feasible, if done right it can be quite practical.

I rather suspect that to get any "interesting" behaviour, you'd need an
infeasibly large neural net. Also, to train them all by a genetic
algorithm, you'd need to start with a hell of a lot of them. I suspect
the computer power required would be prohibitive.

Let us not even go into the difficulty of designing a neural network in
such a way that it can accept temporal sensor data and generate motor
commands...