POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Sudoku Server Time
6 Sep 2024 17:21:07 EDT (-0400)
  Sudoku (Message 22 to 31 of 51)
From: Warp
Subject: Re: Sudoku
Date: 24 Jan 2009 06:12:08
Message: <497af788@news.povray.org>
Mike Raiford <"m[raiford]!at"@gmail.com> wrote:
> Warp wrote:

> >   No offence, but using English as a guide for pronounciation is a joke. ;)
> >

> It works for those who speak English.

  And who exactly is that? I assume you realize that, for example, people
from Alabama pronounce English rather differently than people from Britain,
Scotland or Australia? The exact same words may be pronounced rather
differently in these English-speaking countries.

> I don't want to get into the IPA debate again, though. I can't
> understand IPA. I've read the Wikipedia entry on it, and I still can't
> understand it. It's completely non-intuitive to me.

  English is not much better. It depends on where you are from how you
should pronounce something.

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message