POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Sudoku : Re: Sudoku Server Time
6 Sep 2024 17:19:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Sudoku
From: scott
Date: 26 Jan 2009 03:47:34
Message: <497d78a6$1@news.povray.org>
>> It works for those who speak English.
>
>  And who exactly is that? I assume you realize that, for example, people
> from Alabama pronounce English rather differently than people from
> Britain,
> Scotland or Australia? The exact same words may be pronounced rather
> differently in these English-speaking countries.

They probably pronounce sudoku in their local accent though, you would sound
a bit weird and out-of-place if you tried to sound exactly like a Japanese
person saying it outside of Japan.

So what you're really trying to explain to people is that the Japanese Su/Ku
letters rhyme with the English words "do" and "to", and the Japanese Do
rhymes with a quickly spoken "saw" (OK those might not be the only or most
accurate English words, but you get the idea).  If you pronounce the words
to/do/saw differently, then chances are everyone is going to pronounce
sudoku differently anyway, so you'll be fine.