POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : President Obama Server Time
6 Sep 2024 07:17:42 EDT (-0400)
  President Obama (Message 1 to 10 of 69)
From: Jeremy "UncleHoot" Praay
Subject: President Obama
Date: 20 Jan 2009 12:25:33
Message: <4976090d$1@news.povray.org>
Does this mean that the rest of the world will stop hating us (the USA) now?

Yes, it's a dumb question, but the Bush hatred was so prevalent that if
there were any other reasons to hate the US, they were overshadowed if not
completely forgotten.

Bush may have been the worst President in my lifetime.  Nixon screwed up,
was paranoid, etc.  Carter just didn't seem to know what to do.  But Bush
seemed to do whatever the **** he wanted, and never bothered to explain why
to anyone, least of all the American people.  World opinion could have been
swayed to some extent if he had given it a reasonable attempt, but he never
did.  In the end, I'm left to believe that he really didn't care what anyone
else thought.  If he was ever "right" about any of his major decisions, it
will be up to historians several decades from now.

Obama will not be pulling out of Iraq any time soon.  Dates will lapse.  New
reasons for staying will be given.  Left-wing activists will begin to
realize that, "OMG!  He's a politician!"  The economy isn't going to pick up
any time soon.  Lucky for him, at least, it has probably bottomed out now.
But in the meantime, he gets the benefit of being a very new fresh face that
appears to be 180 degrees from Bush.

I'm quite interested to see how things will pan out over the next few years.
New doors will open, but tough decisions will need to be made, and they may
not always be popular with the American people or the rest of the world.
But, in my opinion, he's a good enough speaker to make his decisions become
popular.

I wish him well.  :-)

(Just my $0.02USD.  I realize this is an international forum, and that's why
I posted it here.  I hope to hear several viewpoints.)

Post a reply to this message