POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Physics, relativity, quantum, etc. Server Time
7 Sep 2024 11:27:03 EDT (-0400)
  Physics, relativity, quantum, etc. (Message 121 to 130 of 219)
From: Darren New
Subject: Re: Physics, relativity, quantum, etc.
Date: 22 Jan 2009 13:31:17
Message: <4978bb75$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
>> So since the person falling in will never see himself cross the EH
>
>   I'm not sure where you are getting this one. I have not heard of it.

Hmmm.... Maybe my bad, I think.  GR isn't easy for my brain.

If his clock slows to zero on the outside and he never crosses the event
horizon, then the next tick of the clock is infinitely far in the future of
the universe, yes?  So he never experiences crossing the EH because it takes
forever for his clock to tick.  Say the black hole evaporates after a
billion years - does the space ship ever hit the singularity?

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   "Ouch ouch ouch!"

Post a reply to this message