POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Pink Server Time
6 Sep 2024 15:16:47 EDT (-0400)
  Pink (Message 1 to 10 of 30)
From: Invisible
Subject: Pink
Date: 5 Jan 2009 11:17:45
Message: <496232a9$1@news.povray.org>
Here's a random thing. There is one specific a colour that is *just* for
girls. This colour is of course "pink".

Think about that for a moment. There's a particular segment of the
visible spectrum that is especially resurved just for females. You walk
into a room that's painted pink, you immediately think about girls. You
see a set of pink baby clothes, you immediately think it's a baby girl.

Some people say things like "pink for a girl, blue for a boy". And
certainly, if a boy wears blue, nobody thinks anything of it. But girls
can wear blue too. Indeed, it seems that girls can wear *any* possible
colour. But boys can't wear pink. That's resurved just for girls. So
girls can wear any colour, boys can wear any colour except pink.

(I have no idea if this applies to other cultures around the world. I
would hypothesize that it does not.)

I think we need to reserve a specific colour just for boys. I don't know
*which* colour, but I think there should be a specific boy colour that
girls can't use. Suggestions, people?

Post a reply to this message