POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Re: Radiosity Status: Giving Up... Server Time
6 Sep 2024 15:17:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Radiosity Status: Giving Up... (Message 1 to 10 of 49)
From: Nicolas Alvarez
Subject: Re: Radiosity Status: Giving Up...
Date: 1 Jan 2009 19:07:09
Message: <495d5aad@news.povray.org>
Darren New wrote:
> Warp wrote:
>>   Being a JavaScript interpreter, it doesn't have too much choice than to
>> support FP, does it?-)
>
> If the FP code failed silently, and most javascript didn't use FP, then
> most javascript wouldn't fail. :-)

AFAIK, Javascript has no integers. An interpreter may use integers for
numbers when it can, and automatically switch to floats if they are needed;
but that'd be just an optimization.

Post a reply to this message

From: Nicolas Alvarez
Date: 2 Jan 2009 19:29:28
Message: <495eb167@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
> clipka <nomail@nomail> wrote:
>> But maybe what you mean is trigonometric functions. These, indeed, may be
>> not so commonplace.
>
>   Thunderbird seemed to at least use logarithms...

Wow, any idea what for?

Post a reply to this message

From: Warp
Date: 2 Jan 2009 19:42:17
Message: <495eb469@news.povray.org>
In povray.off-topic Nicolas Alvarez <nic### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> Warp wrote:
> > clipka <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> >> But maybe what you mean is trigonometric functions. These, indeed, may be
> >> not so commonplace.
> >
> >   Thunderbird seemed to at least use logarithms...

> Wow, any idea what for?

  I didn't study it closely, and I already deleted the sources...

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message