POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Re: Radiosity Status: Giving Up... : Re: Radiosity Status: Giving Up... Server Time
6 Sep 2024 13:18:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Radiosity Status: Giving Up...
From: Darren New
Date: 3 Jan 2009 15:18:01
Message: <495fc7f9$1@news.povray.org>
Darren New wrote:
> Yes. So? Again, just because the OS doesn't protect you from accessing
> the hardware directly doesn't mean it isn't an OS. If that's what you're
> disagreeing with, then say so, and we can end this discussion.

BTW, Microsoft Xenix also ran on machines with no hardware protection, as
did early Macintoshes. If you want to say neither Xenix nor MacOS were
actual operating systems because they didn't keep you from crashing the
machine, then I'll be forced to conclude that C++ isn't an actual
programming language. :-)

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)