POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Random question on a friday morning Server Time
6 Sep 2024 17:20:53 EDT (-0400)
  Random question on a friday morning (Message 40 to 49 of 49)
From: Stephen
Subject: Re: Random question on a friday morning
Date: 19 Dec 2008 16:41:31
Message: <e75ok4l87iib21p58tq9n8thi489a0qieh@4ax.com>
On Fri, 19 Dec 2008 16:12:20 EST, "Clarence1898" <cla### [at] comcastnet>
wrote:

>The IBM engineers had a somewhat different interpretation of
>the its acronym.  I can leave that to your imagination.

Well who came up with the acronym AMD (Air Movement Device) for a fan? :-)
--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

From: Stephen
Date: 19 Dec 2008 16:42:38
Message: <m85ok4t1t4vhh0nv7ae0agah6urd98poh5@4ax.com>
On Fri, 19 Dec 2008 16:24:08 EST, "Clarence1898" <cla### [at] comcastnet>
wrote:

>I once used a portable terminal with an acoustic coupler to dial into work from
>home.  I can't recall if it was 110 or 300 baud.  At the time I was quite
>impressed.  Now I can't imagine how I ever got anything done.

The TTY I remember was 300 but had a setting for 110.
--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message