POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Oishii Server Time
9 Oct 2024 20:51:52 EDT (-0400)
  Oishii (Message 4 to 13 of 13)
From: Darren New
Subject: Re: Oishii
Date: 10 Dec 2008 12:29:15
Message: <493ffc6b$1@news.povray.org>
andrel wrote:
> OK I give up. I suppose it is a reference to something that I am not
> familiar with.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5TEg6oLshf8

Start at about 1:20 in.

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)

From: andrel
Date: 10 Dec 2008 16:14:07
Message: <4940317B.5020309@hotmail.com>
On 10-Dec-08 18:29, Darren New wrote:
> andrel wrote:
>> OK I give up. I suppose it is a reference to something that I am not
>> familiar with.
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5TEg6oLshf8
>
> Start at about 1:20 in.

Ok, that explains the cake. Saw something similar to the thing left in
front also, otherwise I still don't get it. Must be my age. ;)

Post a reply to this message

From: Warp
Date: 10 Dec 2008 17:01:23
Message: <49403c33@news.povray.org>
andrel <a_l### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
> Ok, that explains the cake. Saw something similar to the thing left in
> front also, otherwise I still don't get it. Must be my age. ;)

  You clearly haven't played Portal. Try it sometimes. It's not even
expensive and it's cool. (Will require a PC newer than 5 years, though.)

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message

From: St
Date: 10 Dec 2008 18:47:30
Message: <49405512$1@news.povray.org>
> andrel <a_l### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
>> Ok, that explains the cake. Saw something similar to the thing left in
>> front also, otherwise I still don't get it. Must be my age. ;)
>
>  You clearly haven't played Portal. Try it sometimes. It's not even
> expensive and it's cool. (Will require a PC newer than 5 years, though.)

   And it's also the most pirated game ever - so far.

     ~Steve~

> --
>                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message

From: Mike Raiford
Date: 11 Dec 2008 08:49:36
Message: <49411a70@news.povray.org>
St. wrote:

>    And it's also the most pirated game ever - so far.
>
>      ~Steve~

I thought that honor went to Spore.

--
~Mike

Post a reply to this message

From: scott
Date: 11 Dec 2008 09:13:56
Message: <49412024$1@news.povray.org>
> I thought that honor went to Spore.

http://torrentfreak.com/spore-most-pirated-game-ever-thanks-to-drm-080913/

Post a reply to this message

From: St
Date: 11 Dec 2008 09:32:51
Message: <49412493@news.povray.org>
"Mike Raiford" <"m[raiford]!at"@gmail.com> wrote in message
> St. wrote:
>
>>    And it's also the most pirated game ever - so far.
>>
>>      ~Steve~
>
> I thought that honor went to Spore.

   Oh, I beg your pardon, it is Spore. Got them mixed up.

     ~Steve~

> --
> ~Mike

Post a reply to this message

From: andrel
Date: 11 Dec 2008 14:35:46
Message: <49416BEF.4010307@hotmail.com>
On 10-Dec-08 23:01, Warp wrote:
> andrel <a_l### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
>> Ok, that explains the cake. Saw something similar to the thing left in
>> front also, otherwise I still don't get it. Must be my age. ;)
>
>   You clearly haven't played Portal. Try it sometimes.

Why?

> It's not even expensive and it's cool.

I have a simple rule of thumb for computer games, if it take more than
an hour and is addictive I don't play it.

> (Will require a PC newer than 5 years, though.)

Good, mine is from 2001.

Post a reply to this message

From: Darren New
Date: 11 Dec 2008 15:22:31
Message: <49417687$1@news.povray.org>
andrel wrote:
> I have a simple rule of thumb for computer games, if it take more than
> an hour and is addictive I don't play it.

I try to stick with PC games that save anywhere and can alt-tab out of it.
Ones where you get in the middle of a 10-minute battle aren't too good
either. Stuff like thief or myst work better for me when I'm on the PC. I'm
finding I'm really disliking games where you have to go 15 minutes between
saves, especially if there's a 10 minute easy part and a 5 minute hard part
just before the save.

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)

From: Eero Ahonen
Date: 11 Dec 2008 15:34:47
Message: <49417967$1@news.povray.org>
Darren New wrote:

> I try to stick with PC games that save anywhere and can alt-tab out of
> it. Ones where you get in the middle of a 10-minute battle aren't too
> good either. Stuff like thief or myst work better for me when I'm on the
> PC. I'm finding I'm really disliking games where you have to go 15
> minutes between saves, especially if there's a 10 minute easy part and a
> 5 minute hard part just before the save.

I try to stick with consoles. When I'm playing, I'm playing :). But I'll
have a 3-5 week pause now, 'cause my lamp broke down :/.

-Aero