POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Oishii Server Time
6 Sep 2024 19:23:42 EDT (-0400)
  Oishii (Message 11 to 13 of 13)
From: andrel
Subject: Re: Oishii
Date: 11 Dec 2008 14:35:46
Message: <49416BEF.4010307@hotmail.com>
On 10-Dec-08 23:01, Warp wrote:
> andrel <a_l### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
>> Ok, that explains the cake. Saw something similar to the thing left in
>> front also, otherwise I still don't get it. Must be my age. ;)
>
>   You clearly haven't played Portal. Try it sometimes.

Why?

> It's not even expensive and it's cool.

I have a simple rule of thumb for computer games, if it take more than
an hour and is addictive I don't play it.

> (Will require a PC newer than 5 years, though.)

Good, mine is from 2001.

Post a reply to this message

From: Darren New
Date: 11 Dec 2008 15:22:31
Message: <49417687$1@news.povray.org>
andrel wrote:
> I have a simple rule of thumb for computer games, if it take more than
> an hour and is addictive I don't play it.

I try to stick with PC games that save anywhere and can alt-tab out of it.
Ones where you get in the middle of a 10-minute battle aren't too good
either. Stuff like thief or myst work better for me when I'm on the PC. I'm
finding I'm really disliking games where you have to go 15 minutes between
saves, especially if there's a 10 minute easy part and a 5 minute hard part
just before the save.

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)

> I try to stick with PC games that save anywhere and can alt-tab out of
> it. Ones where you get in the middle of a 10-minute battle aren't too
> good either. Stuff like thief or myst work better for me when I'm on the
> PC. I'm finding I'm really disliking games where you have to go 15
> minutes between saves, especially if there's a 10 minute easy part and a
> 5 minute hard part just before the save.

I try to stick with consoles. When I'm playing, I'm playing :). But I'll
have a 3-5 week pause now, 'cause my lamp broke down :/.

-Aero