POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : A small security problem Server Time
6 Sep 2024 19:18:47 EDT (-0400)
  A small security problem (Message 11 to 20 of 28)
<<< Previous 10 Messages Goto Latest 10 Messages Next 8 Messages >>>
From: Orchid XP v8
Subject: Re: A small security problem
Date: 8 Dec 2008 17:31:10
Message: <493da02e$1@news.povray.org>
Nicolas Alvarez wrote:

> http://tinyurl.com/6xqhbr

Yeah, it's tucked away in there, but it's not "hard" to find if you
realise it exists and you go look for it.

> Registry key:

Very easy to overlook. But then, raw registry editing demands knowledge
and caution anyway! o_O

> Service:
> http://blog.binaryfactory.ca/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/gpodefault.jpg

Riiiight. And, as you obviously realise, the article this is from is
describing how to apply security to services using a *Group Policy*.
And, as you also know, Group Policies DO NOT WORK WITH NT. :-P

http://blog.binaryfactory.ca/2008/05/windows-service-permissions-concerns-when-hardening-servers/

Now, Mr Smarty, if you know how to actually do this *in Windows NT*,
_then_ I'll be impressed. Cos I've spent all ****ing day trying to find
it. :-(

> Share:
> http://www.get-digital-help.com/permissions-recorded-tv.png

Yeah, everybody knows about files and shares.

> Exchange mailbox:
> http://tinyurl.com/6m4ere

I don't even have access to *touch* our Exhange system...

You didn't show the UI for changing the ACLs on running processes. :-P

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/