POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : infested computers - how does it happen? Server Time
6 Sep 2024 23:23:19 EDT (-0400)
  infested computers - how does it happen? (Message 31 to 40 of 61)
From: Stephen
Subject: Re: infested computers - how does it happen?
Date: 5 Dec 2008 16:16:26
Message: <cg6jj4lolm0jvq9qrdeujhg7pg5fts71b5@4ax.com>
On Fri, 05 Dec 2008 12:51:02 -0600, Mike Raiford <"m[raiford]!at"@gmail.com>
wrote:

>Stephen wrote:
>
>> I always do Ctrl + W or click the "close" X
>> Some popup have two install buttons called Install and Cancel :)
>
>Try that with the window that just won't close. Oh, I know, just kill
>the process in Task Manager ;)
>
>Yeah... stupid me, trusting the "Cancel" button actually did what it said.

Call me cynical, but that's what I'd do if I wanted to do something bad.
--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

From: Mike Raiford
Date: 5 Dec 2008 16:44:27
Message: <4939a0bb@news.povray.org>
Stephen wrote:

> Call me cynical, but that's what I'd do if I wanted to do something bad.

Right, or if you wanted to guarantee your garbage software would get
installed, and you get the money from the spamware it also installed. So
people will do anything to get more cash.

--
~Mike

Post a reply to this message

>> Call me cynical, but that's what I'd do if I wanted to do something bad.
>
>Right, or if you wanted to guarantee your garbage software would get
>installed, and you get the money from the spamware it also installed. So
>people will do anything to get more cash.

So I believe. Some people will even vote (your least favourite political party
here) ;)

Some people are scum.
--

Regards