POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Unhappy? Server Time
10 Oct 2024 05:19:30 EDT (-0400)
  Unhappy? (Message 61 to 64 of 64)
From: Stephen
Subject: Re: Unhappy?
Date: 7 Dec 2008 15:16:18
Message: <jlboj41pmhajkjjhctg5np611bvidj43ts@4ax.com>
On Sun, 07 Dec 2008 20:23:11 +0100, andrel <a_l### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:

>Hm, my brain still seems to be working,

>must get older soon. ;)

That's a privilege not a right ;)

--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

From: andrel
Date: 7 Dec 2008 17:34:16
Message: <493C4FC1.2050809@hotmail.com>
On 07-Dec-08 21:00, Darren New wrote:

>> I think we may know about the same amount about both issues. Not a
>> lot, but growing rapidly.
>
> Hmmmm...  I've heard many people say we know most of what we need to
> know to figure out how to live longer.  I've heard very few serious
> scientists say anything about modifying your brain to change how you think.
Not how you think but how you develop. We are doing quite a lot on
embryology of the heart. No doubt other people are doing the same sort
of experiments with the brain. You know, knocking a gene out here or
there. Modifying a regulatory gene, to get it expressed in a certain
part of the body or not. That sort of thing.

Post a reply to this message

From: Darren New
Date: 7 Dec 2008 18:59:10
Message: <493c634e$1@news.povray.org>
andrel wrote:
> Not how you think but how you develop. We are doing quite a lot on
> embryology of the heart. No doubt other people are doing the same sort
> of experiments with the brain.

Hmmmm.... Maybe. I think the difference is we know what the heart is
supposed to look like, but not the brain.  You might be right, tho. Never
heard anything like that, tho. They can tell something's wrong, but not how
to fix it, as far as I know. :-)

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)

From: nemesis
Date: 9 Dec 2008 12:16:03
Message: <493ea7d3@news.povray.org>
Kevin Wampler escreveu:
> nemesis wrote:

>>> Yeah, but we'll all be dead long before *that* becomes an issue. ;-)
>>
>> Are you sure?  Did you ask Multivac? ;)
>
> Apparently there'd insufficient data at this point to determine an answer.

I'm sure you know about it, but go to the Text link in that page. ;)