POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Shopping for TVs Server Time
10 Oct 2024 03:08:29 EDT (-0400)
  Shopping for TVs (Message 41 to 50 of 205)
From: Francois Labreque
Subject: Re: Shopping for TVs
Date: 1 Dec 2008 16:56:14
Message: <49345d7e$1@news.povray.org>
Orchid XP v8 a écrit :
> Darren New wrote:
>> Orchid XP v8 wrote:
>>> Yeah, but the "minimum quality" is really, *really* low, except for
>>> absurdly high bitrates.
>>
>> Error rates also go up very quickly with longer cables, so a 10-meter
>> cable is going to need to be much higher quality than a 1-meter cable.
>
> Indeed. But who on earth is going to need a 10-meter HDMI lead? ;-)

A pub owner who doesnt want to have 1 receiver for each of his 20 screens.

An airport manager who want to feed the same aircraft arrivals/departure
signal (and advertisement, of course!) to all the screens in the airport.

Basically, lots of people who do not necesarily have the same needs as
Joe Q. Public.

Post a reply to this message

>> Indeed. But who on earth is going to need a 10-meter HDMI lead? ;-)
>
> A pub owner who doesnt want to have 1 receiver for each of his 20 screens.
>
> An airport manager who want to feed the same aircraft arrivals/departure
> signal (and advertisement, of course!) to all the screens in the airport.
>
> Basically, lots of people who do not necesarily have the same needs as
> Joe Q. Public.

And which of these people are going to care if a cable costs them £80? ;-)

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/